X²: The Threat is the second part of the X space simulation series. You play the role of Julian Gardna who continues the story set by X: Beyond The Frontier. The updated graphics engine of 2003 gave the universe a fresher feel with newly designed ships and stations adding to the complexity of the universe.
- Supported OS: Windows 8 Windows Vista Windows XP Windows 7
- Processor: Pentium P4 1,8GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk: 1 GB
- Video Card: DirectX Accelerated Video Card with 256 mb Ram and Shader Model 2 support
Steam account required for game activation and installation
- Explore: You can explore over 130 beautifully designed sectors occupied by nebulas that affect your ships and stations, asteroids you can mine for materials you can later sell on for profit.
- New Ships: Explore in over 60 ships of varying sizes from scout class ships to the much larger carrier class battleships.
- New Upgrades: Upgrade your ships systems with many more upgrades, and download new upgrades that make use of the new scripting engine designed specially for X².
- New Weapons: Add new weapons to your ship including the Ion Disruptor and Mass Driver, but also build factories that will develop these weapons and sell them to make a profit, expanding your own empire among the universe.
- New Missions: Take part in missions offered to you on each stations bulletin board, make money by defending convoys and destroy incoming Xenon fleets intent on destroying everything in their path.But above all else, help to defend the universe from the Khaak, before they kill everyone and everything they come across.